Saturday, April 29, 2006

Internet Explorer Sucks

I got some complaints that people could not view my mySpace profile and it was all white. The reason for this is that Internet Explorer for Windows doesn't support transparent PNG images very well or at all and it screwed up my whole stepped transparency design. It worked great with Mozilla, Firefox and all the Mac browsers, except Mac IE 5.2.3 (which freezes up when viewing any profile on mySpace).

So as of this posting I'm using a GIF with transparent pixels removed for the TABLEs and TR tags, but it fills in with white eventualy as the nested tables fill in over eachother. *sigh*

Since I need to test Windows Browsers, I'm getting XP and dual booting my Macbook Pro so I can check how it handles stuff.

Darn... I'll have to play with some other ideas to make it look cool again.

No comments: